Region Conclave 1
25 - 27 October 2019
Lieutenant Colonel Graham Buschor, USAF (Ret)
Lieutenant Colonel Buschor was born and raised in New York. He graduated from Connetquot High School and attended The United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering in 1984. Additional education includes Air Command and Staff College and Air War College from Air University, Maxwell AFB AL.
Commissioned as an Ensign in the Naval Reserve from the US Merchant Marine Academy, he transferred his commission to the New York Air National Guard in December 1985 and in February 1986 was sent to Undergraduate Helicopter Pilot Training (UHT). Lieutenant Colonel Buschor completed Pilot training in March of 1987 and was assigned to the 106th Rescue Wing, Westhampton Beach, NY as a Combat Search and Rescue Helicopter pilot. Initial qualification in the HH-3E Jolly Green Giant followed by the HH-60G Pave Hawk in 1989 he accumulated over 3000 hours, and over 100 saves. Positions held at the 106th include Scheduling and Training Officer, Maintenance Officer, Chief of Safety and 101st Rescue Squadron Commander,
Transferring to central NY in Jan of 2007 he served as a Fighter Officer in the North East Air Defense Center at Rome, NY; Commander of the 274th Air Support Operations Squadron, Syracuse NY and finally as the Chief of Combat Operations at the 152nd Air Operations Group, Syracuse, NY.
Over the course of his career he participated in numerous deployments supporting Operation Iraq Freedom, Operation Northern Watch, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Juniper Micron and Operation Odyssey Dawn. Notable rescue missions include the Perfect Storm, the Salvador Allende Rescue mission and Hurricane Katrina.
His major awards and decorations include the Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three devices, the Air medal with 1 device, the Aerial Achievement medal with 3 devices, the Air Force Commendation Medal, and the Air Force Achievement Medal. Additional awards include the Coast Guard Special Operations Medal, the NY State Conspicuous Service Award and the NY State Medal for Valor.
Lieutenant Colonel Buschor and his wife Barbara, retired from the Air National Guard in January of 2018 and reside in Baldwinsville, New York.
- 1500 – 2359 – Hotel and RCON Check-In
- 1930 – 2000 – Delegates Meeting
- 2000 – 2200 – Social
- 0800 – 0830 – Joint Opening Ceremony
- 0840 – 0950 – Joint Business Session #1
- 0955 – 1100 – AAS-SW Separate Business Sessions #1
- 1105 – 1200 – Joint Business Session #2
- 1200 – 1330 – Networking Lunch
- 1330 – 1430 – AAS-SW Separate Business Sessions #2
- 1445 – 1545 – AAS-SW Separate Business Sessions #3
- 1550 – 1630 – Joint Business Session #3
- 1800 – 1900 – Banquet Social
- 1900 – 2130 – Banquet Dinner
Hilton Garden Inn Troy
235 Hoosick St, Troy, NY 12180
RCON Payment Instructions
- Register for RCON I using the “Register Now” button!
- $112 for traveling members / non RPI AAS/SW members
- $45 for RPI AAS/SW not staying in the hotel
- FREE PARKING
- Venmo @ByungmooKim
– OR –
- Write a check out to “Arnold Air Society-Silver Wings”
- AAS Region 1 HQ
- 118 Bay State Rd
- Boston, MA