ACTION MEMORANDUM FOR ALL AAS/SW REGION COMMANDERS AND PRESIDENTS: FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION TO ALL MEMBERS
SUBJECT: PAID DELL INTERNSHIPS FOR CIVILIANS AND CADETS
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
1. The AAS-SW Executive Management Center is accepting nominations for paid summer 2020 internships with Dell, a Fortune 500 company with more than 145,000 employees worldwide. Both cadet and civilian AAS-SW juniors, seniors, fifth year and graduate students are eligible.
2. Successful candidates will be required to live in either the Austin our Dallas Texas areas during these internships. These are paid internships and some compensation for housing costs may be offered.
3. CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE DURING THE 2020 SPRING/SUMMER/FALL FOR A MINIMUM OF THREE MONTHS. THESE POSITIONS DO NOT REQUIRE A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
4. These internships may include travel and will involve interaction with senior Dell leadership. They require impeccable dress and appearance, superior communicative skills and top tier professionalism.
5. SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Successful candidates will be selected by the Dell intern hiring authority following screening by the Executive Directors. Executive directors may conduct a phone interview with the applicable Detachment Commander and/or reference provided by the candidate. Students may be required to pass an additional phone interview with a member of the sponsoring office. The following will be used to further evaluate individuals:
The most desired fields of study for interns are:
- Software Engineer
- Business Management and related fields (business, finance, marketing)
- Computer Engineer
- Math and Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Candidates must meet the following standards:
- MANDATORY: Availability during the spring/summer/fall of 2020 for a minimum of three months
- MANDATORY: Availability in the Dallas or Austin Texas metro areas with the ability to commute to and from the workplace
- MANDATORY: Eligible member of AAS-SW with dues paid in full when the application is submitted
- MANDATORY: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, or 2.75 cumulative for STEM areas of study, or equivalent
Candidates will self-nominate by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAME, ADDRESS OF RECORD (NOT COLLEGE ADDRESS), PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS
- NAME OF COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY, FIELD(S) OF STUDY, PROFICIENCY LEVEL (IF ANY) IN ANY FOREIGN LANGUAGE(S) AND GPA
- PLANNED DATE OF GRADUATION
- NAME OF CHAPTER OR SQUADRON AND LIST OF LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD (IF ANY)
- NAME, RANK, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS OF AFFILIATED DETACHMENT COMMANDER
- NAME, TITLE, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS OF ONE REFERENCE WHO MAY VOUCH FOR ACADEMIC RECORD AND PERSONAL RELIABILITY
- A STATEMENT PROVIDING THE APPROXIMATE DATES OF AVAILABILITY (MUST BE THREE MONTHS MINIMUM) DURING THE SPRING/SUMMER/FALL PERIOD (SPECIFICS WILL BE WORKED OUT WITH THE SPONSORING AGENCY WHEN SELECTED)
- A 300 WORD OR LESS SUMMARY DESCRIBING WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SELECTED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY AS PART OF THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL APPLICATION
- A RESUME (THIS IS ONE OF TWO AUTHORIZED ATTACHMENTS)
- A COPY OF AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ATTACHED TO THE NOMINATING E-MAIL (THIS IS THE SECOND AUTHORIZED ATTACHMENT)
6. These are highly prestigious internships; candidates will carry the reputation of AAS-SW forward with the sponsor. All highly motivated, eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Signed//DPW//20 Oct 2019
DANIEL P. WOODWARD
Brig Gen, USAF (Retired)
Co-Executive Director, Arnold Air Society and Silver Wings